Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mid Year Vacation Work

Go down 
+4
Ali mostafa
AbdelRahman Khaled
Mohamed Basuony
mrbennett
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mrbennett

mrbennett

Mid Year Vacation Work Empty
PostSubject: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:31 pm

1) The City of Rome

i) The City and its Buildings

Please carefully read pages 21 and 22 of your text book. Also make sure you look very closely at all pictures. Now you are to complete Exercises 4.1 and 4.2. The first activity is revision of your previous work on chronology. For the second activity you will need to write sentences showing your understanding of the words. Use this book to help you with the answers but as always a dictionary may also be useful.

ii) Clothes and Food

Study pages 23 and 24 and complete Exercises 4.3 and 4.4. In 4.3 you will be required to use sources to answer all questions in complete sentences. Remember to always give reasons for your answers where required. You will need to master the difference between a primary and secondary source here. In 4.4 you will need to write a short essay (no more than 500 words). You will answer all the questions on this page on Roman Food. It will be very useful to look this topic up on the internet to help you further with this question.

iii) Daily Life in Rome

Read pages 24 and 25 and answer these questions in complete sentences.

a) How did rich Romans get their money?
b) How were poor Romans able to survive?
c) Who were the hardest workers in Rome?
d) What might you find in a typical Roman street?
e) When did work begin and end?
f) Why was Rome an unhealthy place?
g) What were the Roman doctors like?

2) The Research Based Project (Deadline Date: February 28th)

For your research project this term you are asked to produce a piece of work on any aspect of the Roman Empire that interests you. You are expected to produce 1500 words and use a variety of websites and books to complete this. You must try to write as much of this work in your own words as possible.

Remember to include the following i) A title page
ii) A contents page
iii) Number each of your pages
iv) Include a bibliography (list of all the books/websites
you have used).

In order to help you complete this work in your own words please select one area you are interested in from your main textbook. Now check to see if there is further information on this topic in the SHP book. Once you have done this use the internet to find loads of websites to help you. Remember to include text, pictures and of course aim to write as much of it in your own words as possible.
Use the following great website to help you. Go to the section on the Romans in Year 7. There are many excellent worksheets with essential information. Also there are plenty of good links to follow up.

schoolhistory.co.uk

Due Date: Sunday, February 28th

All the best, Mr Bennett

Good Luck and see you soon.
Back to top Go down
Mohamed Basuony

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:49 pm

now what we should know from term 2 materials in the roman book
Please answer me
Mohamed Basuony
Y7A Rochester
Back to top Go down
mrbennett

mrbennett

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:32 pm

A revision guide will be posted nearer the exams- don't worry!
Back to top Go down
AbdelRahman Khaled

AbdelRahman Khaled

PostSubject: hi   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:38 am

can u post them nearer or tell us cuz i hate studiying in the exam day for the first time the stuff

thx
Back to top Go down
Mohamed Basuony

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:39 pm

yes Mr. Bennett please post it before the exam by long time to have time to study
Because there something confuse ms such as you will ask us who wrote source 2C the whole point to me not this question but you will ask us the source numbers like 2C,2D...etc.
please answer me
Mohamed Basuony
Y7A Rochester

Last edited by Mohamed Basuony on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ali mostafa

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:47 am

sorry Mr. Bennett but what should we write about the roman empire exactly the sources or what because i don't understand study study study

Ali Mostafa
7A study study study Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mohamed Basuony

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Dear Mr Bennett,
we must get the information from the text book and the SHP book or can I get another information
Mohamed Basuony
Y7A Rochester
Back to top Go down
Ali mostafa

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 4:04 pm

mohamed plz tell me what i do should i write about a person from the roman empire or i write about a country or what? bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
yomna ahmed

yomna ahmed

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:30 pm

about something that you like about what we have took in the roman book
Back to top Go down
Ali mostafa

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:31 pm

thnxx yomna
Back to top Go down
Ali mostafa

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:23 am

sorry but what exactly in the roman empire because there is lots of things and i donot want to waste my time
like the sources ?
plz answer me mr. bennet
Back to top Go down
NoOnA

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:28 am

Mr Bennet is all the mid year vacation work due on 28th Feb.
or only the project confused confused confused

Thanks
Nada 7/B
Back to top Go down
Mohamed Basuony

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:58 am

dear Mr Bennett,
I do not know what suppose to do in the project how can i write about one thing in the roman empire book in 1500 words.
please answer me
Mohamed Basuony
Y7A ( Rochester)
Back to top Go down
NoOnA

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:27 am

Mr Bennet in exercise 4.1 do we have to draw the timeline or not confused confused confused

Thanks
Nada 7/B
Back to top Go down
yomna ahmed

yomna ahmed

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:10 pm

mr. bennet can i write in the research about the romans in general
yomna ahmed 7/B Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fatma abdelnasser

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:58 pm

HI MR BENNETT,

HOPE THAT EVERYTHING IS FINE Very Happy

ARE WE GOING TO ANSWER EXERCISE 3.3, 3.4 AND 3.5

SORRY 4 DISTURBANCE,

THANKS 4 READING
YOUR STUDENT,

FATMA ABDELNASSER

7-A ROCHESTER
Back to top Go down
mrbennett

mrbennett

PostSubject: History Project   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:44 pm

For those of you who are worried about this please don't. Once you have selected your topic from one of the many sections in the book you can begin. Use your SHP text book too but the most important thing is all of your research on the internet. Remember try to do as much of this in your own words as possible. Follow the instructions i have already given.

Some ideas:-
1) The Roman Army
2) Roman Religion
3) Roman Sports
4) Roman Roads
5) The Roman Family
(these are only suggestions,remember).
Back to top Go down
Mohamed Basuony

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:58 pm

Mr. Bennett,
can I don't use the SHP book and make other suggestion from other sites on the Internet.
Back to top Go down
Ali mostafa

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:11 am

you cannot Mohamed you should use the book it is important but searching on site is more important like mt. Bennett said bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
youssef said

youssef said

Location : my bed, my room, my house, cairo, egypt, africa, the world, the galaxy, the universe.

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:58 pm

are we suppose to do 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5???
is all the hw for 28 feb. or the research only??
when will our exam be??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mid Year Vacation Work   Mid Year Vacation Work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mid Year Vacation Work
Page 1 of 1