Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Digestive System Lesson

Go down 
+5
omarash
alia essam
mariam
Ahmed Youssuf
reem.karam
9 posters
AuthorMessage
reem.karam

The Digestive System Lesson Empty
PostSubject: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:57 pm

Dear Year 6,

Here is the link to the Digestive System Lesson:
http://vimeo.com/7777366

Please study the lesson and do the homework and assigments. The sheets will be handed out on the last day of school (tomorrow). They are due when school starts on December 6th.

If you didnt recieve the sheets or happen to have misplaced them, you can find them at the following links:
http://uploading.com/files/edac519d/digestive%2Bsystem.docx/

http://uploading.com/files/d2894433/WANTEDposter.pdf/

Have a Happy Feast Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ahmed Youssuf

Ahmed Youssuf

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:56 pm

Ms. In the WANTED sheet
shall we draw an organ
that you did not include in the video
from the digestive system
or what ?!

Please Reply :-
Ahmed Very Happy Smile king

P.S: I miss Everyone esspecially You ms.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mariam

mariam

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:03 pm

miss karam i cant really understand what you said in the video i need you to explain it to me in the break on sunday can you? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://..................
reem.karam

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:57 am

hi mariam,

what is it that you cant understand? the lesson is very simple and I have explained everything in it; im afraid you have to try a little harder. Try watching the lesson again and paying more attention.
Remember that we dont have school till the 6th of December, and we wont have time to waste when we do get back as we will have to move on and prepare for the Term Exams (17th December).
when you have watched the lesson again and you have more specific questions, dont hesistate to ask me!

have a nice holliday!
Back to top Go down
reem.karam

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:00 am

hi ahmed!

As I told you in class, I want you to chose one organ of the digestive system and draw it on the Wanted sheet and describe the "wanted" organ, so whoever sees it can report it to you! lol!

have a nice holliday! (miss you too, dear)
Back to top Go down
mariam

mariam

PostSubject: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:57 am

ok miss karam i will try harder Very Happy
but there is one i cant understand at all is saliva
Back to top Go down
mariam

mariam

PostSubject: science   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 12:00 pm

but miss karam i think the second website is not working with me that can i do Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
alia essam

alia essam

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:44 pm

mariam wrote:
but miss karam i think the second website is not working with me that can i do Sad Sad
mariam ,the first one is the olnt thing you need to open , but the other ones under it are just 4 if you forgot or lost the sheets,
Back to top Go down
alia essam

alia essam

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:51 pm

mariam wrote:
the other website in the movie is:
http://kidshealth.org/kid/htbw/_bfs_DSmoviesource.html
its very nice Smile
have fun
Back to top Go down
reem.karam

PostSubject: Saliva   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:42 pm

Hello mariam,

Im glad you've tried harder and have more specific questions.

Saliva is the water-like fluid in your mouth (commonly known as spit); it is produced by the salivary glands, shown in the pictures in the movie-lesson.
Saliva has several functions: it makes the food in the mouth moist, or wet, and this makes it easier to chew and makes the food softer so that it can pass through the rest of the digestive system easily.
Saliva also has chemicals in it called Salivary Enzymes, and these chemicals are important because they break down your food (that is in the mouth) so the start of digestion is here. Because the salivary enzymes are chemicals, this type of digestion is called chemical digestion.

I hope this answers your question about Saliva.

if you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask me.
study well and i hope you are having a nice holliday!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ahmed Youssuf

Ahmed Youssuf

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:29 am

reem.karam wrote:
hi ahmed!

As I told you in class, I want you to chose one organ of the digestive system and draw it on the Wanted sheet and describe the "wanted" organ, so whoever sees it can report it to you! lol!

have a nice holliday! (miss you too, dear)

Oh okay
ThanQQ ms.
now i understood:)

AHMED afro
Back to top Go down
mariam

mariam

PostSubject: thnx   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:43 am

dear miss karam

thnx miss karam you were very specific
thank you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
omarash

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:39 pm

dear miss karam i couldnt get to the movie can you put the link on a post on the forum? confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused
Back to top Go down
reem.karam

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:10 am

Dear Omar,

all the links are posted on the forum, (scroll up to the top of this page!) from the very first day. I hope you havent neglected your studies till now!!

let me know if you need any help.

see you soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Omar ashraf shebl

Omar ashraf shebl

PostSubject: Thanks   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:37 am

ThanQ Like a Star @ heaven mrs.Karam Like a Star @ heaven for answering my question and i have almost finish my homework and best regards from me and Ali Wink goodnight .
see you soon,
Omar Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool What a Face
Back to top Go down
nourhan attallah

nourhan attallah

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 6:03 pm

alia essam wrote:
mariam wrote:
the other website in the movie is:
http://kidshealth.org/kid/htbw/_bfs_DSmoviesource.html
its very nice Smile
have fun

i agree with u its soo funny and it helps me alooooooot Smile =D
happy feast
Back to top Go down
mariam

mariam

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 6:35 pm

yeah right
Back to top Go down
reem.karam

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 2:39 am

mariam, this is your last warning. Please stop posting uneccessary comments.
thank you.
Back to top Go down
alia essam

alia essam

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:43 am

reem.karam wrote:
mariam, this is your last warning. Please stop posting uneccessary comments.
thank you.
miss are you angry from me?
plz forgive me Sad
and is school tomorow?
just checking
Back to top Go down
mariam

mariam

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:53 am

i am sooooo sorry miss karam if i made you angry
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
abdelrahman_elamawy

PostSubject: hello   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:18 pm

hi every body i hope you all are doing fine.
miss i have a question in the digestive system paper that you gave it to us homework.
the question is (what is the creamy liquid of partially digested food found in the stomach?)
PLS reply.
Back to top Go down
mahmoud ehab mahmoud

mahmoud ehab mahmoud

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 2:36 pm

sorryyy miss but i lost the wanted sheet and the digestive system sheet Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
i miss you miss Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.primaryresources.co.uk//
reem.karam

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:10 pm

Mahmoud,
if you follow the links above you will find the sheets.
if not, you can ask one of your friends to send them to you.
This last minute work wont do, I hope you come to school prepared tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
reem.karam

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:13 pm

Abdel-Rahman,
yes, that is the question, what is the name of the creamy-partially digested food found in the stomach? i hope you were not expecting me to give you the answer, im expecting the answer from you! go through your lesson again, and pay attention and you'll find the answer, its very easy!!
Back to top Go down
reem.karam

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:16 pm

No, Alia, dear, im not angry at you.
Yes we have school on Sunday the 6th.

MARIAM STOP IT WITH THE POSTS! YOU'VE COST UR HOUSE 1 HOUSE POINT (that means you lose 1 house point).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Digestive System Lesson   The Digestive System Lesson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Digestive System Lesson
Page 1 of 1