Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Term 1 Exam Study Guide

Go down 
+2
heba gamil
youssefbadawi
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Term 1 Exam Study Guide Empty
PostSubject: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 9:34 am

Please remember that this exam is an evaluation of what you have learned during the term, all material has been taught in class. Students are expected to review the material to refresh their memories.

TOPIC
Genres - Study Features of biography, essay, myth, short story, graphic novel, simile, blurb, paragraph, fiction, non fiction Refer to the Introduction to Genres and A Well-Written Paragraph handout

Vocabulary - study What is this book about? Last 2 paragraphs in Collins Homework Book p.2
Grammar Pronouns, Irregular Verbs studied, prepositions, connectives, direct vs indirect speech Study Ms. Batte’s Reference Handouts

Novel Setting, Characterization of Michael & Kensuke, Plot Comprehension and Theme Study Class notes in Vocabulary/Literature notebook and questions posted on the forum regarding Kensukes Kingdom
Writing Short answers and essay question on Novel Class notes in Vocabulary/Literature notebook

EXAM FORMAT:

Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions, True or False, Fill-in-the Blank, Reading Comprehension using Grammar Studied in Term 1, Short answer and essay questions on Genres and the Novel

Number of each type of question: 30 marks MCQ, 10 marks T/F, 10 marks Fill-in-the Blank,
30 marks Reading Comprehension and Grammar questions, and 20 marks Short Answer and Essay Questions. Note all Writing is in complete sentences using proper punctuation and writing conventions.

Items needed for exam: 100 minutes, blue pen
Back to top Go down
youssefbadawi

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 2:41 pm

I dont understand what to do in the new forum, it's very strange, I really dont understand any thing from it. albino

Please answer.
Back to top Go down
heba gamil

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 8:05 pm

dear M. Batte,

I asked you before to explain the irregular verbs to youssef because i couldn't , and he still doesn't understand them and doesn't know even what is a past participal means and i haven't seen you given them any grammer h.w. last weeks so i don't know what to do now. please reply

thanks
Back to top Go down
esraa sabry

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 12:56 pm

dear ms. batte
are those the only stuff we should study for the test?

please reply
santa santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:51 pm

heba gamil wrote:
dear M. Batte,

I asked you before to explain the irregular verbs to youssef because i couldn't , and he still doesn't understand them and doesn't know even what is a past participal means and i haven't seen you given them any grammer h.w. last weeks so i don't know what to do now. please reply

thanks

He'll be fine we discussed it in class. Needs to know "seen", "cost" and "slept"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:52 pm

esraa sabry wrote:
dear ms. batte
are those the only stuff we should study for the test?

please reply
santa santa

yes
Back to top Go down
Salma el Zenouki

Salma el Zenouki

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:30 pm

Dear Mrs. Batte,

Please send me the movie name

santa Happy Christmas santa

Very Happy Salma El Zenouki Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Sorry I don't know. Try searching Kensuke Kingdom Movie
Back to top Go down
Salma el Zenouki

Salma el Zenouki

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Dear Mrs. Batte,

Thanks!
But i can't find any thing in Kensuke's Kingdom Movie Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

santa Happy Christmas santa

Very Happy Salma El Zenouki Very Happy
Back to top Go down
heba gamil

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:49 pm

aren't there going to be revision sheets before the exam?
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:51 pm

heba gamil wrote:

NO i Think because we have revised the exam before the 2 weeks off but we will do some revision tomorrow

Good luck
Omar Hany
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:58 pm

omar hany9 wrote:
heba gamil wrote:

NO i Think because we have revised the exam before the 2 weeks off but we will do some revision tomorrow

Good luck
Omar Hany

I will revise Humanities in Geography tomorrow. We have covered everything already for English.
Back to top Go down
mrs_fa_rah

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:12 pm

are this are going to be all in the exam o Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:33 pm

mrs_fa_rah wrote:
are this are going to be all in the exam o Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

YES!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:04 pm

mrs_fa_rah wrote:

yes. you will be fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Term 1 Exam Study Guide
Page 1 of 1