Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Year 8 History work for Eid

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrbennett

mrbennett

Year 8 History work for Eid Empty
PostSubject: Year 8 History work for Eid   Year 8 History work for Eid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:00 pm

Year 8 History Assignment

In this research assignment you are asked to investigate the life of Elizabeth I who was the Queen of England between 1558 and 1603. Please follow all instructions carefully in order to produce a top quality piece of work.

Your Introduction

You should write an introduction which should include the problems faced by Elizabeth I when she became Queen of England in 1558.

Timeline

You will need to construct a timeline of Elizabeth's life from her birth in 1533 to her death in 1603. Please include important events in her life and events which affected England at this time. Use the template to help you and don’t forget to give your timeline a title!

Chapter Headings

An overview of Elizabeth's life broken down into chapters to include the following but of course you can extend this list.
i) Early life
ii) Some of the issues facing Elizabeth during her reign
a) Religion
b) Poverty
c) Strengthening her grip on the throne
d) How she dealt with Mary Queen of Scots
e) The Spanish Armada
f) Her use of portraits
g) The issue of the Succession

The significance of Elizabeth’s reign

You will need to include a section on assessing the significance of Elizabeth I’s reign. This means working out how important she was as a Queen of England. Also you will need to make a decision as to whether she was a successful Queen or not.

How your work is to be presented

You should include in your work a title page, a contents page and all pages should be numbered.
Your work should be typed using Times New Roman Font 12. Remember to present your work in a variety of ways. Include relevant pictures,illustrations, diagrams etc. Most importantly do not just cut and paste because you will be penalised if you do. Your work should be a minimum of 1500 words.

Resources used

At the end of your work you should write a list of all the books and websites you have used. Both of your textbooks will prove very useful. Here are two good websites you can use. Remember these are only just to start you off
www.schoolhistory.co.uk (Here there are plenty of really good ideas and links)
www.tudorhistory.org (Again lots of information can be found here)
Back to top Go down

Year 8 History work for Eid
Page 1 of 1