Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greek Myth Eid Assignment

Go down 
+2
Ahmed Youssuf
abdelrahman_elamawy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Greek Myth Eid Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Year 6 Greek Myth Forum Assignment
Due date: December 6th

Your tasks:
1. Watch power point presentation on Greek Myths
2. Do the assignment outlined on slide five: Greek Myth Assignment:

a) Research your assigned myth/story that people told in Ancient Greece (see posting on Forum).
b) Think of some of the reasons why they might have told these stories and not others.
c) Provide a typed summary (minimum 250 words) and an image on Poster Board to be presented orally in class.
d)Include a bibliography using correct format (see posting on Forum).

Name and Assigned Greek Myth/Story

Abdel Rahman Amin - Agamenmnon

Abdel Rahman Rizk – Theseus and the Minotaur

Ahmad Mohamed Youssef - Medusa

Ali Ashraf Shebi - Perseus

Alia Essam El Din Abd El Azim Mourad - Arachne

Hashram Ayman El Ezabi - Pandora

Islam Ahmed Awad - Phaethon

Mahmoud Ihab Mahmoud Mohamed - Phaedra

Mahmoud Mohamed Ahmad Zaki Mohamed El Kadi – Daedalus and Icarus

Marawan Hatem Alaa – Judgement of Paris

Maryham Tarek SoIimon - Cassandra

Mohamed Ashraf Atteya Karam - Oedipus

Nancy Hatem Mohamed - Tantalus

Nour El Hada Tarek – The Sphinx

Nour Magdy Abdel Mon’em Omar - Antigone

Nourhan Ahmad Attallah - the Trojan Horse

Nourhan Amr Mohamed Tatawi – Theseus and the Minotaur

Omar Ashraf Shebi – Archilles

Omar Mohamed Mohamed Ali Youssef - Jason and Medea

Saeed Ashraf Shebi - Menelaus

Sarah Aysar – Helen of Troy

Tarek Alaa Saleh El Houseny – Atreus and Thyestes

Tayam Mohamed Ali Yussef – Herakles (Hercules)

Back to top Go down
abdelrahman_elamawy

PostSubject: hello   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 2:51 pm

miss batte i DNT understand the homework confused Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:44 pm

abdelrahman_elamawy wrote:
miss batte i DNT understand the homework confused Question

I will explain it in class on Saturday. It is a research assignment you are to do over the holiday but I wanted to give students a chance to get started.
Back to top Go down
Ahmed Youssuf

Ahmed Youssuf

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:09 pm

Hi mizz Batte
What is the poster Board
and shall we do it on microsoft word or power point???
will we print it or present it or both??!!
sorry, the only last thing what is a bibliography??
Please reply
Ahmed afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:48 pm

I will show you how to do a bibliography tomorrow.

Poster Board is referred to as Carton paper in Egypt?

I thought about asking students to do PPT presentations but my concern is time. I would prefer you write your presentation and glue it to the poster.

I will elaborate on this assignment tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
abdelrahman_elamawy

PostSubject: hello   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 3:57 pm

hi everybody! miss batte when is the deadline for the research Question

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Hashem Elezabi

PostSubject: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Hello Every body,
AbdelRahman, the assignment of myths is supposed to be distributed before the Eid directly, meaning that it is due AFTER the Eid holiday, the miss gave it to us early to have a chance to finish it IF WE WANT, but after Eid it's not our choice, WE MUST DO IT.
Best Wishes,
Hashem Elezabi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 5:40 pm

hi everybody! miss batte when is the deadline for the research Question

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

It is written below the title of the Assignment. Dec 6th
Back to top Go down
abdelrahman_elamawy

PostSubject: hello   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 5:46 pm

thank you miss batte and thank you hesham Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile Smile Surprised Surprised Surprised Laughing Laughing Laughing I love you I love you I love you cheers cheers cheers bom bom bom sunny sunny sunny farao farao
Back to top Go down
abdelrahman_elamawy

PostSubject: hello   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:04 pm

miss i have to copies of the sheet that is called (common county style sheet)
i think i took somebody sheet
so please guys if any body don't have the sheet say to me and directly i will give it to you on Sunday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:13 pm

miss i have to copies of the sheet that is called (common county style sheet)
i think i took somebody sheet
so please guys if any body don't have the sheet say to me and directly i will give it to you on Sunday.

No worries, I wrote this myself, we can always get another copy. Printed up a couple of extras just in case someone lost theirs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:23 pm

Hashem Elezabi wrote:
Hello Every body,
AbdelRahman, the assignment of myths is supposed to be distributed before the Eid directly, meaning that it is due AFTER the Eid holiday, the miss gave it to us early to have a chance to finish it IF WE WANT, but after Eid it's not our choice, WE MUST DO IT.
Best Wishes,
Hashem Elezabi

Hashem, I kindly ask that you don't mention I gave it to you early. Let's keep this between us. I only want to have great success this year (and in the future). Do look at the Research tips posting. I am certain, YOU will do a fabulous job on Pandora!
Back to top Go down
Marwan Hatem

Marwan Hatem

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:37 pm

i need some sites
scratch scratch scratch Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow clown clown clown clown confused confused confused confused study study study study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:44 pm

Marwan Hatem wrote:
i need some sites
scratch scratch scratch Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow clown clown clown clown confused confused confused confused study study study study

You weren't paying attention. Go to the Posting Eid Assignment Reserch Tips. I listed the steps and showed you how to access the information in class today. Read before asking questions that have already been offered.
Back to top Go down
alia essam

alia essam

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:33 am

so...
1. we should just print it and give it to you ...
OR
2. should we make it on "cartoon paper"
OR
3. we should do it a presentation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 2:42 pm

alia essam wrote:
so...
1. we should just print it and give it to you ...
OR
2. should we make it on "cartoon paper"
OR
3. we should do it a presentation?

You need to print it, prepare a visual presentation on Carton paper, including an illustration of your mythological character. And yes students will give a brief Oral presentation to classmates.

Remember to include a bibliography.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 2:44 pm

alia essam wrote:
one more thing ..
should i send you mis my history ... its ready .... as you like ... Very Happy

There is no need. However, I would like you to send me the first draft of your essay on the Time Machine.
Back to top Go down
mariam

mariam

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:54 am

hey miss batte
cassandra is a very hard goddess to find out more about her Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://..................

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:06 am

mariam wrote:
hey miss batte
cassandra is a very hard goddess to find out more about her Very Happy

Please follow the steps I listed on the forum.

You can also try "Google"or Search "Cassandra Ancient Greek Myth"
Back to top Go down
mariam

mariam

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 am

ok i will try Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:56 am

mariam wrote:
ok i will try Very Happy

There should be plenty of information in the link I sent you. Click on her name.
Back to top Go down
alia essam

alia essam

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:03 pm

no mine (arachne) qwas pretty eas .... what a very weird lady ... she challenged ATHENA !!!!????!?!?!?
but its a good story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mariam

mariam

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:40 pm

WOW Surprised is arachne a girl and if she was she was brave Very Happy Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
alia essam

alia essam

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:46 pm

mariam wrote:
WOW Surprised is arachne a girl and if she was she was brave Very Happy Wink Wink
she is a girl who was born without a mother ... so she was lonley ... but she had mad skills in sewing ...
which peoplee think that she gained this skill by athena Very Happy
but she wanted to be her own self ... and to be popular ... she won that by challenging athena ...
then an old lady met her and told her to apologise to athena and she with forgive her
then arachne shouted at her and said that she is not afraid of her
AND SUDDENTLY ...
THAT OLD LADY WAS ATHENA!!!! but she was wearing a costi=ume not to be known ... she was shocked ... she bluched and then she found the words to say .... and she said that she is ready to the challange
ofcource athena won and everyone laghed at arachne and one of the gods turned her a snake of what she done..
the end Very Happy
( i know miss batte said that we should MEVER SAT the end ... but i like saying it..
long story right? )
Back to top Go down
alia essam

alia essam

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:47 pm

alia essam wrote:
mariam wrote:
she is a girl who was born without a mother ... so she was lonley ... but she had mad skills in sewing ...
which peoplee think that she gained this skill by athena Very Happy
but she wanted to be her own self ... and to be popular ... she won that by challenging athena ...
then an old lady met her and told her to apologise to athena and she with forgive her
then arachne shouted at her and said that she is not afraid of her
AND SUDDENTLY ...
THAT OLD LADY WAS ATHENA!!!! but she was wearing a costi=ume not to be known ... she was shocked ... she bluched and then she found the words to say .... and she said that she is ready to the challange
ofcource athena won and everyone laghed at arachne and one of the gods turned her a snake of what she done..
the end Very Happy
( i know miss batte said that we should MEVER SAT the end ... but i like saying it..
long story right? )
see miss batte
i know the story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greek Myth Eid Assignment   Greek Myth Eid Assignment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greek Myth Eid Assignment
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next