Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Important! Numeracy assignment!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ms.Morsey

Ms.Morsey

Important! Numeracy assignment! Empty
PostSubject: Important! Numeracy assignment!   Important! Numeracy assignment! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:23 pm

Dear year two students,

I miss you all very much and I wish to see you all soon.

I came across a very nice website with a game you can play related to "money". As you all know, this is our week's topic. When you open this game it has three levels: medium, hard, and really hard! I would like you all to start with the medium and go all the way to the "really hard". It is fun and it will refresh your memories. Here is the link for the website where you can play the game:

www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks1bitesize/numeracy/money/index.shtml

Here is another link from the same website for those who want to revise addition and subtraction:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks1bitesize/numeracy/numbers/index.shtml

Please copy the link and then paste it on another tab or window.

Also, I would like you to do a worksheet that I will give you the link for now. This worksheet is due Sunday. Please print it out. You will need scissors and glue for it!
This is the link for the worksheet:

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks1bitesize/worksheets/worksheet10.pdf

In this worksheet you will need to cut out the coins and stick them in front of the item (or next to it) that make up its price.
Back to top Go down
Ms.Morsey

Ms.Morsey

PostSubject: Re: Important! Numeracy assignment!   Important! Numeracy assignment! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:37 pm

By the way you can play the game over and over again, the questions keep changing! So if you think you need more practice in any level that's fine, you can repeat it because the questions are different. Smile

When I see you next time tell me all about it. I will appreciate if you send your feedback in the forum (if you found it difficult, easy, useful, not useful)

Take care everybody and stay safe. What a Face

Ms. Morsey
Back to top Go down
omar osama

PostSubject: numercy   Important! Numeracy assignment! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi Mrs MORSEY,
I am Omar Osama-year2-I miss you so much and happy EID. I try to open the numercy file but I can not .Please tell me what can I do?
Back to top Go down
Ms.Morsey

Ms.Morsey

PostSubject: Re: Important! Numeracy assignment!   Important! Numeracy assignment! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Hi..

Did you go to "e-learning" on this forum? All you have to do is click on the link and it will open a new tab with the website where you download the video. It doesn't open at all? or is it just too slow?
Back to top Go down
ahmed.mohamed

PostSubject: Re: Important! Numeracy assignment!   Important! Numeracy assignment! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:04 am

Dear Mrs.Morsy,
This is Ahmed Mohamed.this is my second message to you. I can't open any of the numeracy videos even after cut and paste in a new tab. i don't know if there is any H.Ws other than the work sheets sent home .
Back to top Go down
farah dawoud

PostSubject: Re: Important! Numeracy assignment!   Important! Numeracy assignment! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:31 pm

hi Mrs.Morsy,

this is Farah, happy eid I can not open the numercy video , please help me how can I open it

thanks
Farah I love you flower flower
Back to top Go down
Ms.Morsey

Ms.Morsey

PostSubject: Re: Important! Numeracy assignment!   Important! Numeracy assignment! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:31 pm

dear parents..

the link on "e-learning" for year two directly takes you to 4shared.com, where you will find both videos and can be downloaded easily.. it takes around 10 - 15 mins to download. I checked this myself now and it works fine with me. I'm sorry, but I don't understand why it doesn't work with you. It doesn't open at all, or is it too slow?

Ms. Morsey
Back to top Go down
Ms.Morsey

Ms.Morsey

PostSubject: Re: Important! Numeracy assignment!   Important! Numeracy assignment! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:44 pm

i will re-post the video on another website, vimeo.com, it might be easier.. when i finish that i will tell you, it will be finished in a few hours..
Back to top Go down
youssef amr

PostSubject: Re: Important! Numeracy assignment!   Important! Numeracy assignment! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Dear Mrs. Morsey

Thank you for the lessons . i understood them and i answered the sheets . I also played the game about buying things . it is very nice and i solved the really hard level alone . Thanks :
I love you
Back to top Go down
Ms.Morsey

Ms.Morsey

PostSubject: Re: Important! Numeracy assignment!   Important! Numeracy assignment! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:57 pm

You're most welcome!
Back to top Go down
Ms.Morsey

Ms.Morsey

PostSubject: Re: Important! Numeracy assignment!   Important! Numeracy assignment! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:01 pm

For those who have problems opening the videos i uploaded the videos again on vimeo.com.. but they have to send me an e-mail to confirm or something, so i'll post the link as soon as possible.. sorry! technology can sometimes take time!!
Back to top Go down
Ms.Morsey

Ms.Morsey

PostSubject: Re: Important! Numeracy assignment!   Important! Numeracy assignment! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:19 am

Dear parents..

Goodmorning! The following are the links for the same videos on vimeo.com:

sorting patterns: http://vimeo.com/7943968

measurements: http://vimeo.com/7943322

have a nice day! flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important! Numeracy assignment!   Important! Numeracy assignment! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Important! Numeracy assignment!
Page 1 of 1