Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Term 1 Exam Study Guide

Go down 
+3
Salma el Zenouki
youssefbadawi
aya khalaf
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Term 1 Exam Study Guide Empty
PostSubject: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:10 am

Topics

History Skills - Review all Ms. Batte's handouts: What is History, Timeline terminology, Dividing Time, Chronology, Connectives, What is Bias, Use of Evidence, The Tollund Man.

Age of Discovery- Background, Why explorers explored, Routes, Big Ten Explorers, Early Explorers and Map Skills. Review Handouts, Age of Discovery PPT presentations posted on Forum, and notes in Humanities Notebook

Map Uses and Skills- Review Ms. Batte's A very good map, Map uses and parts handouts

Physical features: Landforms and Bodies of Water - Review handouts and Matching exercise at the bottom of this posting.

Review Rivers and Erosion Handouts (these are multiple choice and fill in the blank questions)

Our Seas and Oceans- Review World Watch 3 pages 2-11

Please match the following definitions with the correct term. You should write the letter beside the correct definition in the blank space provided beside the word that the definition matches. Please ask if you have any questions.

Basin _H ___ Canyon _N____ Channel _G____
Coastline ___F__ Delta __E____ Estuary ___D___
Glacier ___O__ Harbor __I____ Isthmus __C____
Plain ___B___ Relief ___J___ Ocean current ___M___
Sound ___L__ Tributary ___A___ Volcano ___K___

A. a stream feeding a larger stream or lake
B. area of level land, usually at low elevation, and often covered with grasses
C. a narrow strip of land connecting two larger areas
D. an area where tides can go up the mouth of the river
E. a deposit of sand at the mouth of a river
F. line that forms the boundary between the coast and the ocean
G. the deeper part of a river, strait, or harbor
H. an area of land drained by a given river and its branches; area of land surrounded by lands of higher elevations
I. place along a shoreline where ships can anchor safely
J. changes in elevation over a given area of land
K. created as liquid rock and ash erupt from inside the earth
L. a long passage of water connecting the mainland and an island
M. stream of either cold or warm water that moves in a definite direction through an ocean
N. deep and narrow valley with steep walls
O. large, thick body of slowly moving ice
Back to top Go down
aya khalaf

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:39 pm

Question pirat Like a Star @ heaven Very Happy Sad Embarassed Crying or Very sad I love you Exclamation No confused afro queen king lol! I do not know the sheets can you please make cat cat pale Timeline terminology, Dividing Time, Chronology, Connectives, What is Bias, Use of Evidence, The Tollund Man. bounce

aya khalaf queen Basketball lol! Arrow

Last edited by aya khalaf on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
youssefbadawi

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:27 pm

Miss batte is in a santa holiday.
Back to top Go down
youssefbadawi

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Hey, aya do you know what is the direct and indirect Question
Back to top Go down
Salma el Zenouki

Salma el Zenouki

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:33 pm

Dear Youssef Badawi,

Mrs Batte said that if anyone have any Q. he/she can post it on the forum and she will answer them Very Happy

Very Happy Salma el Zenouki Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Salma el Zenouki

Salma el Zenouki

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Dear Mrs. Batte,

What is MTC in the exam Question Question Question Question Question

sunny Salma sunny
Back to top Go down
Nour el Hoda Adel

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:48 pm

Dear miss betty,
I can't uander stand any thing from the age of discovery videos Exclamation Exclamation Question Question

Can you explain it at school bounce

Regards
Nour El Hoda Adel Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
aya khalaf

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 pm

mrs.batte is on holiday until second dec Exclamation
Back to top Go down
youssefbadawi

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:58 pm

2 of January. santa .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:41 pm

aya khalaf wrote:
Question pirat Like a Star @ heaven Very Happy Sad Embarassed Crying or Very sad I love you Exclamation No confused afro queen king lol! I do not know the sheets can you please make cat cat pale Timeline terminology, Dividing Time, Chronology, Connectives, What is Bias, Use of Evidence, The Tollund Man. bounce

aya khalaf queen Basketball lol! Arrow

They were given to you as a package at the beginning of term. I suggest you contact a classmate and get copies. Develop organization and time management skills!
Back to top Go down
faridaelbat

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi miss batte

I want to know if sammy the salmon in the rivers handout will get in the exam or not or its only a story
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:23 pm

faridaelbat wrote:
Hi miss batte

I want to know if sammy the salmon in the rivers handout will get in the exam or not or its only a story

No honey you don't have to study Sammy the Salmon.
Back to top Go down
faridaelbat

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:42 pm

miss batte does only the landforms in the bottom of the study guide will get on the exam or all that in the sheet of landforms
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:55 pm

faridaelbat wrote:
miss batte does only the landforms in the bottom of the study guide will get on the exam or all that in the sheet of landforms

Study the matching portion of the Landforms Quiz
Back to top Go down
faridaelbat

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi miss batte

I want to know does from page2 till 11 we should study in seas&oceans because we only took together till p.7 and the leson finshed soo shall I study from p.7 till 11 with myself or we will take it tommorow and please check If I was absent in this day that if you took from p.7 till 11 or not thanks soo much for answering me fast

regardes

farida
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:25 pm

faridaelbat wrote:
Hi miss batte

I want to know does from page2 till 11 we should study in seas&oceans because we only took together till p.7 and the leson finshed soo shall I study from p.7 till 11 with myself or we will take it tommorow and please check If I was absent in this day that if you took from p.7 till 11 or not thanks soo much for answering me fast

regardes

farida

Review up to page 11
Back to top Go down
faridaelbat

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi miss batte please dont forget to post the web site for age of discovery .

thanks
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:37 pm

1. Go to Internet Site: http://library.thinkquest.org/J002678F/welcome.htm
2. Click on first route – it will turn the colour red
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:00 pm

are we going to take the exam or assessments in what lesson
Back to top Go down
faridaelbat

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi miss batte please tell us what we should do after we open the web site but clear please .
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:17 pm

faridaelbat wrote:
Hi miss batte please tell us what we should do after we open the web site but clear please .

after you open the website there is a word called first route in red

Press on it

then a new page will open you will find the information

i think that helps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:46 pm

omar hany9 wrote:
1. Go to Internet Site: http://library.thinkquest.org/J002678F/welcome.htm
2. Click on first route – it will turn the colour red

Well done Omar! Farida, if you scroll down, on the right hand side is a map in the shape of North and South America = listing France, Spain, England. IF you click on each country name, the explorers will pop up. You need to know 5 explorers and for each country they sailed. Pick any from the 3 countries. Get good rest and see ya!
Back to top Go down
aya khalaf

PostSubject: aya khalaf   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:46 pm

confused :no
I love you Miss.batte how can I see the ersion sheet not the video

aya
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:25 pm

aya khalaf wrote:
confused :no
I love you Miss.batte how can I see the ersion sheet not the video

you only need to know the erosion handout

aya
Back to top Go down
heba gamil

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 4:12 pm

i am really sad from the grades of the tests ,as we studied what you said .anyway i want to see the exam and i think its one of our rights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 1 Exam Study Guide   Term 1 Exam Study Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Term 1 Exam Study Guide
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next