Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:08 pm

“Kensuke’s Kingdom” Personal Study Michael Morpurgo, “Kensuke’s Kingdom” describes the different states the relationship between Michael and Kensuke goes through to develop the thematic development of a parent and child relationship. The theme of a parent and child relationship has been applied throughout the novel almost like the progression through life. He has utilised the two together so that it highlights the good and bad points relating to both friendship and ultimately the journey through life. Michael Morpurgo helps convey this to the reader by his use of key techniques such as characterisation, symbolism and setting. At the start of the novel when Michael and Kensuke first met their relationship did not quite collide seamlessly, “Damida! Damida!”(Which means forbidden). One of the examples where the relationship could be seen as suffering was when Michael tried to light a fire so his parents could find him but Kensuke didn’t let him, “No fire”. This shows Kensuke’s had a certain measure of control over Michael which therefore meant that their relationship was initially no......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hard copy of rubric to follow   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:10 pm

Cannot attach rubric. I will give you a hard copy. Tomorrow, I would like to explain the rubric
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Dear Ms Batte

do we draw a table on a word document?

do we write it in the form of paragraphs?

Example for a relationship

After they were strangers now Micheal become a student and kensuke become a teacher. Kensuke teaches Micheal how to fish to get food " ".

Is this a good example to do like this?

Between this brackets i find a part from the novel to write in it!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:08 pm

omar hany9 wrote:
Dear Ms Batte

do we draw a table on a word document?

do we write it in the form of paragraphs?

Example for a relationship

After they were strangers now Micheal become a student and kensuke become a teacher. Kensuke teaches Micheal how to fish to get food " ".

Is this a good example to do like this?

Between this brackets i find a part from the novel to write in it!!

Omar, you need to write one paragraph, 4-6 sentences, for each change in their relationship. One paragraph describes how they were strangers in the beginning. The next, parent-child, in that, Kensuke provides Michael with food and a blanket to protect him. The third is when Michael feels like Kensuke is his captor, and he is a prisoner because Kensuke doesn't allow him to have a signal fire. The sentence you provided is a good transitional/introductory sentence to when they become each other's students and teacher. For example, after Michael begin to accept one another's roles, their relationship changes into a student and teacher relationship; Kensuke teaches Michael survival skills such as fishing, and Michael teaches Kensuke how to speak basic English. Their ability to communicate will eventually lead into their ulitimate friendship.

Hope this helps. Rememeber one paragraph is about one idea. You are on the right track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:12 pm

Oh yes, always include a quote from the novel to show/demonstrate the point you are making. Once you have written/typed your first draft, including introductory and concluding paragraphs, please send it to me at sbattelalima@yahoo.ca so I can read it and return it with suggestions to make it even better.
Back to top Go down
alimohamed

alimohamed

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:29 am

DEAR MS BATTE IAM ALI MOHAMED
Iwas absent on wednesday so iwant to know how i do this before igo to school on sunday because i will get detention please say to me the answer quickly please
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:43 am

hi Ali

first you have to read the novel first.
then you draw a table of the relationship between Micheal and kensuke.
then you send it to ms batte.
then you type it on your computer.
Back to top Go down
alimohamed

alimohamed

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:12 am

DEAR omar hany

but the relationship do i have to type it on the computer or no
Back to top Go down
youssef hedaya

youssef hedaya

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:49 am

yes you have to type it on the computer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:52 am

alimohamed wrote:
DEAR omar hany

but the relationship do i have to type it on the computer or no

Make a table in Word. Under the heading Relationship write 1. Strangers, 2. father-son, 3. captor-prisoner, 4, teacher-student, and 5. Friends. Find examples from the Novel to prove each of these relationships as I showed you in a previous reply.

Then fill out your essay planner.
Next write the information in a paragraph.

Finally send the first draft of your essay for me to review.

Got it?
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:17 am

Dear ms batte

do i start reading from chapter 5 or 4??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:22 pm

omar hany9 wrote:
Dear ms batte

do i start reading from chapter 5 or 4??

I wanted you to finish reading the entire novel before starting your essay. We will discuss individual chapters and vocabulary after EID.

Start on Pg. 35, when he first discovers the bowl of water, the fish and red bananas Kensuke (although they haven't met at this point) left for Michael.
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Dear Ms batte

2 pages font 11 is a lot

309 word in font 11 arial has made half a page

so plz can u make it 1 page min?
Back to top Go down
youssef hedaya

youssef hedaya

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:28 pm

dear mrsbatte

2 pages are too many

will write 1 page
it will be 500 words. ok?

re
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:52 pm

Dear Ms Batte

in the Essay how many words min??

do we read until Micheal leave the island?

i have finished the all h.w exept the essay i am reading study study study study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:57 pm

youssef hedaya wrote:
dear mrsbatte

2 pages are too many

will write 1 page

re

Using the 11 pt font, double spaced works out to roughly 250 words a page. I think you will find, once you start writing, it will be over 2 pages. Remember you are including "quotations" from the novel to support EVERY change in their relationship!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:58 pm

omar hany9 wrote:
Dear Ms Batte

in the Essay how many words min??

do we read until Micheal leave the island?

i have finished the all h.w exept the essay i am reading study study study study

Good for you! Don't forget to send it for me to review.
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:11 pm

re[/quote]

Using the 11 pt font, double spaced works out to roughly 250 words a page. I think you will find, once you start writing, it will be over 2 pages. Remember you are including "quotations" from the novel to support EVERY change in their relationship![/quote]

Double spaced work between lines or paragraphs?

I am really feeling so bad about this essay
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:12 pm

Ms.Batte wrote:
youssef hedaya wrote:
dear mrsbatte

2 pages are too many

will write 1 page

re

Using the 11 pt font, double spaced works out to roughly 250 words a page. I think you will find, once you start writing, it will be over 2 pages. Remember you are including "quotations" from the novel to support EVERY change in their relationship!

Double spaced work between lines or paragraphs?

I am really feeling so bad about this essay
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:50 pm

Ms.Batte wrote:
“Kensuke’s Kingdom” Personal Study Michael Morpurgo, “Kensuke’s Kingdom” describes the different states the relationship between Michael and Kensuke goes through to develop the thematic development of a parent and child relationship. The theme of a parent and child relationship has been applied throughout the novel almost like the progression through life. He has utilised the two together so that it highlights the good and bad points relating to both friendship and ultimately the journey through life. Michael Morpurgo helps convey this to the reader by his use of key techniques such as characterisation, symbolism and setting. At the start of the novel when Michael and Kensuke first met their relationship did not quite collide seamlessly, “Damida! Damida!”(Which means forbidden). One of the examples where the relationship could be seen as suffering was when Michael tried to light a fire so his parents could find him but Kensuke didn’t let him, “No fire”. This shows Kensuke’s had a certain measure of control over Michael which therefore meant that their relationship was initially no......

is this an introduction
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:45 pm

omar hany9 wrote:
Ms.Batte wrote:

is this an introduction

Yes. Yours will be very simple. Write that you will discuss how Michael and Kensuke's relationship changes over time. List how it changes from Strangers to Friends
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Dear Ms Batte

I have finished chapter 8 and started in chapter 9 it was a hot story Very Happy cherry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:31 pm

omar hany9 wrote:
Dear Ms Batte

I have finished chapter 8 and started in chapter 9 it was a hot story Very Happy cherry

Good for you! I hope you are taking notes as you go regarding the changes in Michael and Kensuke's relationship.
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:11 am

Ms.Batte wrote:
youssef hedaya wrote:
dear mrsbatte

2 pages are too many

will write 1 page

re

250 is half a page 400 is a page
Back to top Go down
youssef hedaya

youssef hedaya

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:48 pm

dear mrs.batte

what is your e-mail Question

regards

youssef hedaya study study study study study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom   Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sample Essay Beginning of Kensuke's Kingdom
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next