Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Explorer EID Research Assignment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Explorer EID Research Assignment Empty
PostSubject: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Year 5 Explorer Forum Assignment
Due date: December 6th

Your tasks:
1. Watch Video power point presentations on Age of Exploration (1 and 2), The Big Ten
2. Do the assignment outlined below:
Research your assigned explorer

1. Biographic information a) date of birth and death, b) family background, c) education/job, d) what were they looking for and what did they discover, e) describe the voyages, d) what hurdles/obstacles did they encounter, e) how did they overcome these difficulties, f) what affect did they have on history, g) list any influences to present time
2. Provide a typed summary (minimum 250 words) and an image on Poster Board to be presented orally in class.
3. Include a bibliography using correct format (see posting on Forum).

Name and Explorer you are to research

Ali Mohamed Ahmad Ibrahim – La Salle, France

Ali Sherine El Tanany – Marquette, France

Amani Mohamed Diab – Jolliet, France

Amr Aymen Lotfi – Cartier, France

Aya Mohamed Khalaf – Pizarro, Spain

Esra Sabri Mostafa Darweesh – Cortez, Spain

Farah Ossama Mohamed Al Holley – Coronado, Spain

Farah Sherif Safwat – De Soto, Spain

Farida Hossam Abd El Motaleb – Ponce de Leon, Spain

Ibrahim Alaa Elshayeb – Balboa, Spain

Janna Hani Said Moselhy – Magellan, Spain

Nada Mohamed Omar Mohamed Hamoudi – Columbus, Spain

Nariman Hany El Sayed Mohamed –Vespucci, Spain

Nour El Hada Abdel – Sir Frances Drake, England

Omar Hany Ahmad Monieb – John Cabot, England

Omar Mostafa Ahmed El Mokadem – Prince Henry, the Navigator, Portugal

Raaa Assem El Akabawi – Cartier, France

Salma Shokry Mohamed Ibraim El Zenouki- Cortez, Spain

Youssef Ahmed Abdel Hamid Wasfy – Ponce de Leon, Spain

Youssef Ihab Fouad Badawi – Columbus, Spain

Youssef Mohamed Nabil Hedaya – Sir Frances Drake, England
Back to top Go down
alimohamed

alimohamed

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:23 pm

dear MS Batte
Iwant to say some thing i opened the website and i didn't find any thing and you said the steps ithink but i did't heared it because
it was so nosy in the class and idid't hear you at all from the
nosy i am so sorry for this but i did't hear you

alimohamed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:38 pm

We will finish discussing the Power Point Presentation next Humanities class. In the mean time, you can view them on the Forum.

In order to do research, check the Posting Eid Research tips.

Here they are again:
Y5 History Research Directions

1. Go to Internet Site: http://library.thinkquest.org/J002678F/welcome.htm
2. Click on first route – it will turn the colour red
3. Scroll down to the map in bottom right hand corner (Lists France, Spain, England and Portugal)
4. Click on the country for which your explorer sailed for (came from); for example, explorer La Salle, country, France
5. Click on the Name of your explorer
6. This takes you to a summary page of dates of birth, death, Major Accomplishment, Early Life, Information about his voyages and Maps of the places he discovered.
7. Go to Google, type in your explorer’s name. You can find plenty more sites to find information about your explorer.
8. You can use Wikipedia, but I would prefer you use more academic websites for research.

Remember you are not copying and pasting. I will show you how to document resources this week.

As well, be sure to include a map of all the voyages your explorer made on your Poster Board presentation.

You have plenty of time so I am expecting sensational projects!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:40 pm

alimohamed wrote:
dear MS Batte
Iwant to say some thing i opened the website and i didn't find any thing and you said the steps ithink but i did't heared it because
it was so nosy in the class and idid't hear you at all from the
nosy i am so sorry for this but i did't hear you

Which explorer are you assigned to research?

alimohamed
Back to top Go down
heba gamil

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:11 am

oh even in our holiday u loaded us with assigments , we suppose to celebrate , have mercy on us( not on the kids ) ..............................lol Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:19 pm

Dear ms Batte

in the explorers assginment can i use only 2 site that you have provided and wikipedia and i if i finished it can i give it to you before the EID???

plz answer as soon as possible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:49 pm

omar hany9 wrote:
Dear ms Batte

in the explorers assginment can i use only 2 site that you have provided and wikipedia and i if i finished it can i give it to you before the EID???

plz answer as soon as possible

Yes, you only need to use the sites I gave you. It is not due until Dec 6th. I posted assignments early for students who want to work ahead. Don't imagine everyone will. Remember to finish your Geography first. Will return your story tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:44 pm

Dear Ms Batte

I want to thanks you a lot.
it was really good assignment.
we Really learned from this Assignment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:54 pm

omar hany9 wrote:
Dear Ms Batte

I want to thanks you a lot.
it was really good assignment.
we Really learned from this Assignment.

I am pleased you enjoyed it. Can't wait to see your presentations!
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:04 pm

Dear Ms Batte

Regarding the bibliography i have used one internet site only can you give me a format for the internet one site
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:06 pm

omar hany9 wrote:
Dear Ms Batte

Yes You DO! Easy stuff.

Regarding the bibliography i have used one internet site only can you give me a format for the internet one site
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:06 pm

omar hany9 wrote:
Dear Ms Batte

Yes You DO! Easy stuff.

Back to top Go down
esraa sabry

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:48 am

dear ms.batte
you said in class that you posted a powerpoint presntation about the explorers but you didn't post it Exclamation Surprised affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:06 am

esraa sabry wrote:
dear ms.batte
you said in class that you posted a powerpoint presntation about the explorers but you didn't post it Exclamation Surprised affraid

Yes, do to time restrictions, I thought it best to do brief oral presentations using the displays. One grade is for Literacy, speaking and one grade for History Research
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explorer EID Research Assignment   Explorer EID Research Assignment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Explorer EID Research Assignment
Page 1 of 1