Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Empty
PostSubject: Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:17 am

Dear Y6 Students,

Here are the Geography tasks for this week:

1) Complete Landforms assignment. Use the internet site I provided: www.enchantedlearning.com/geography/landforms/
2) Study for Landforms test upon return to classes
3) Read “Rivers and Valleys” handout
4) Make a story using vocabulary words source, tributary, channel, waterfall, meander and mouth
5) Study FIELD TRIP handouts for trip upon return to school
6) Write down all MOVEMENT WORDS from pages 2-3
7) Play INTERNET video on earthquakes: http://videos.howstuffworks.com/howstuffworks/236-how-earthquakes-work-video.htm and Record notes in Humanities notebook
Cool Text WORLD WATCH 4 – pgs 1-3. Answer Qs 1,2 in notebook
9) Read pgs 4-5, Answer Qs Using Evidence in notebook
10) Read pgs 6-7, Make a drawings of different rocks around your home
11) Read pgs 8-9 Answer Qs in notebook
12) Find out what is your footprint – see attachment addressing the following sites

www.myfootprint.org
www.waterfootprint.org
http://epa.gov/climatechange/kids/index.html
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/savageearth/hellscrust/index.html

You have plenty to keep you busy and learning during this time. I recommend you do Geography for an hour each day.

Regards,
Ms. Batte
Back to top Go down
alia essam

alia essam

PostSubject: Re: Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Dear Miss Batte
are we going to have a quiz ? no one told us
and also... which assignment? there are lots ...
also whish words you want from the the trip hand out ... i dont understand ... please clarify
Back to top Go down
Hashem Elezabi

PostSubject: Movement Words   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Good Afternoon, Miss Batte,
I miss you, really, Miss Batte. I also miss the whole class. I can't wait, I just can't wait to meet again. Please reply, what are the movement words Embarassed pale I want to know quickly so I finish work and relax until the school starts again.
Best Wishes Very Happy Smile
Hashem Elezabi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Movement Words   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Hasham,

There is no right or wrong answer to this one. I wanted you to read pages 2 and 3 of your Geography Book. As we are studying movement of the Earth, I want to think about Literacy at the same time. Words like "shake" and "crack" connotate movement.

Do you remember in Literacy when we discussed the difference between denote and connote?

Linking subjects helps you to understand the inner-connectedness of learning.

I hope this is explanatory.

And thank you for your sweet words. I too, would rather be in the classroom, teaching lessons than merely explaining instructions.

Regards
Ms. Batte
Back to top Go down
Hashem Elezabi

PostSubject: Thank You   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:00 pm

Good Evening, Miss Batte,
Thank you very much for answering my question.
Thank You,
Hashem Elezabi

Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: You are welcome   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:14 pm

I had an interesting day down town in Cairo today. On way back home, I got off the subway at Dar El Salam. What a place!

See you Thursday in shallah
Back to top Go down
Marwan Hatem

Marwan Hatem

PostSubject: Re: Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:07 pm

are we going to have a quiz scratch confused affraid Shocked No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Landforms quiz next week   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Don't worry, as in the past, I will tell you what it looks like, and what you need to review.
Back to top Go down
Marwan Hatem

Marwan Hatem

PostSubject: Re: Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:31 pm

what should we study confused Question Suspect study
Back to top Go down
abdelrahman_elamawy

PostSubject: hello   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:05 pm

miss batte you gave us homework that i was absent but i took it already it was before the holiday it was in landforms and water bodies that you today talked about and told us to finish tomorrow i dont know the site so can you give it to me so i can do it. Very Happy Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:58 pm

abdelrahman_elamawy wrote:
miss batte you gave us homework that i was absent but i took it already it was before the holiday it was in landforms and water bodies that you today talked about and told us to finish tomorrow i dont know the site so can you give it to me so i can do it. Very Happy Very Happy Rolling Eyes

It is posted on the forum along with the video. Here it is again:

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/geography/landforms/glossary.shtml
Back to top Go down
abdelrahman_elamawy

PostSubject: hello   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:04 pm

thank you miss but i didnt see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:57 pm

abdelrahman_elamawy wrote:
thank you miss but i didnt see it.

In the future, read every detail carefully before starting an assignment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth   Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geography - Landforms, Erosion, Restless Earth
Page 1 of 1