Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Want to work ahead? Railway Children Ch 4 Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Want to work ahead?  Railway Children Ch 4 Questions Empty
PostSubject: Want to work ahead? Railway Children Ch 4 Questions   Want to work ahead?  Railway Children Ch 4 Questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:45 pm

The Railway Children
Chapter Four Questions

Task 1: Due Date: __________________

In this chapter the children make a model of the railroad using flowers. Reread pages 73-75 and draw you think the model would look like in your Vocabulary/Literature notebook. Use coloured pencils.

Task 2: Due Date: _________________

a) Bobbie inadvertently ends up on an engine and gets to learn all about the engine. Read pages 76-83. List the parts of the engine and their purposes she learned. Next, write one paragraph (6 sentences) describing her excitement and fear being so close to an engine in your Vocabulary/Literature notebook.

b) We are going to learn about how train engines work. Go to How Things Work site: http://science.howstuffworks.com/train.htm/printable. Answer the following questions in your vocabulary/literature notebook:

1. What purpose to trains serve world wide?
2. When and where was the steam locomotive invented?
3. Who was the first public railroad to carry passengers and freight in England?
4. What was the name and when was the US railroad company established?
5. What had happened by the early 20th Century?
6. What uses to trains serve around the world today?

Keep these notes accessible for History Unit on Victorians.

Task 4: Due Date: _________________

Read the quote below. Write a paragraph in your vocabulary/literature notebook what the sentences means to you.
Quote: "That was awfully jolly decent of Peter because I know he didn't mean to. Well, the broken half shall be my half of the engine, and I'll get it mended and give it back to Peter for his birthday."
--The Railway Children By E. Nesbit.
Back to top Go down
aya khalaf

PostSubject: Re: Want to work ahead? Railway Children Ch 4 Questions   Want to work ahead?  Railway Children Ch 4 Questions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:37 pm

mrs.batte the link about the engine is not working and can I get you the other chapter Q 4+5 on monday please.

aya khalaf.

lol! confused I love you Basketball Wink Very Happy queen Crying or Very sad What a Face No rabbit sunny affraid pirat cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want to work ahead? Railway Children Ch 4 Questions   Want to work ahead?  Railway Children Ch 4 Questions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:33 pm

Try again. Other option is to go to HOW IT WORKS site and search train engines. You give up too quickly.

Much has been off regarding recent weather. I had no power until 11 this morning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to work ahead? Railway Children Ch 4 Questions   Want to work ahead?  Railway Children Ch 4 Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Want to work ahead? Railway Children Ch 4 Questions
Page 1 of 1