Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This weeks homework.

Go down 
+3
yassein yazal
Rawan Wael
Ms. Harkin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ms. Harkin

Ms. Harkin

This weeks homework. Empty
PostSubject: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:09 pm

Year 1

November 15, 2009
Weekly Assignments

Sunday
Literacy: 10 spellings
Science: Collect different types of real leaves for class tree.

Monday
Literacy: spelling homework.
Using the pictures fill in the missing bossy verbs.
Science: Answer questions in pupil book page 6 – Plants all around.
Geography: Landmarks cut and stick worksheet.

Tuesday
Literacy: Spelling homework
Science: Answer questions in pupil book page 7- Different kinds of plants.
History: Write a time diary. E.g. At 5 o’clock I had dinner, After dinner at 5.30 I watched TV.

Wednesday
Literacy: Spelling homework.
Write about 5 plants you would have in your garden and why. E.g. I would have red roses because I like the smell, I would have an apple tree because I could eat the apples.
Thursday
Literacy: Help mum or dad make dinner or tidy the house. Write instructions to go with what you did using the structure used in class (title, what you need and what to do).
Science: Find two plants that have not been mentioned in class and write why you chose it and draw a picture of it. E.g. I chose a sunflower because I like how tall it grows.

Spelling's will follow.

Ms. Harkin
Back to top Go down
Ms. Harkin

Ms. Harkin

PostSubject: Spellings.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:21 pm

WEEKLY SPELLING HOMEWORK
WEEK OF 6th December 2009

This week’s spelling words:
Fat, Hat, Mat, Cat, Sat, Pot, Hot, Mug, Jug, Slug.

SUNDAY
Write Fat, Hat 5 times each.
Write 2 sentences for each word.

MONDAY
Write Mat, Cat Chair 5 times each.

TUESDAY
Write Sat, Pot, Hot 5 times each.

WEDNESDAY
Write Jug, Slug 5 times each.
Review for spelling test.

THURSDAY
Spelling Test!

MAKE SURE TO USE CAPITAL LETTERS AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR SENTENCES & FULL STOPS AT THE END.

HOW TO PRACTICE YOUR SPELLING

Spelling is learnt in a variety of ways. We encourage the Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check system outlined below.
LOOK – at the word, look for common blends (e.g. sh, ght).
SAY – say it to yourself.
COVER – cover the word; it is best not to copy the word letter by letter, but to think of the whole as a whole unit.

WRITE – the word that has been practiced.
Back to top Go down
Rawan Wael

Rawan Wael

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Thank You flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/
yassein yazal

yassein yazal

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:50 pm

hello miss harkin iwas absent today because iwas sick ,imiss you and my friends .
thanks for post th eho0meworh .
see you tomorrow.
Yassein Amgad. Wink
Back to top Go down
yassein yazal

yassein yazal

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:54 pm

What kind of leaves do you want me to collect? I love you
Back to top Go down
Ms. Harkin

Ms. Harkin

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Any leaves you like. We are going to make a big tree to go on the wall clown

I am glad you are feeling better Yassein!

Ms. Harkin
Back to top Go down
yassein yazal

yassein yazal

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Thank for you feelings Very Happy
can i get beans?
Back to top Go down
Ms. Harkin

Ms. Harkin

PostSubject: BEANS   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Actually yes you can because we will be doing a lesson on beans soon!

So that would be great sunny

Thank you Yassein.
Back to top Go down
Amr Hesham Abulfotouh

Amr Hesham Abulfotouh

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Hi Ms. Harkin
About the eid assignments,i send the worksheets with amr but you didn't check them,do you need these worksheets again?Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Youssuf Mohamed Youssuf

Youssuf Mohamed Youssuf

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:16 pm

Thank u ms Harkin for the homework but there is no any copy book for spelling or any other subject sent with youssuf today .pleaeaeaeaease I need your help to check if he took his copy books back to home or not.Also I want to see his homework checked with your red pen to be sure if we are right or not .thank u very much.He also did not get his planner home with him today.

Rihab,youssuf's mom

Last edited by Youssuf Mohamed Youssuf on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ms. Harkin

Ms. Harkin

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:02 pm

I asked for everyone to give me their homework from the Eid break today maybe Amr did not hear me. Just tell him to put it on my desk first thing in the morning Smile

I do not have Youssuf's books at school. Did you supply a spare copybook if so I will dig it out of storage tomorrow and he can use that from now on. study

Ms. Harkin.
Back to top Go down
Amr Hesham Abulfotouh

Amr Hesham Abulfotouh

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Hello Ms. Harkin
Amr didn't bring his spelling book today,also didn't bring the bossy verb's and geography's worksheets,kindly tell me what to do?
Back to top Go down
Ms. Harkin

Ms. Harkin

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:08 pm

The Bossy verb worksheet will be posted shortly and the geography worksheet has been postponed untill tomorrow. I do apologise I should have notified you earlier.

Is Amr's Spelling book at school? I didn't see it in the cubby (shelf).

Ms. Harkin
Back to top Go down
yassein yazal

yassein yazal

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Hello Miss Harkin ,

Yassein do not get back the spelling coppy book

Reem
Back to top Go down
jana

jana

PostSubject: HELLO MRS HARKIN   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:24 pm

HI MRS HARKIN , HOW ARE , HOPE YOU ARE GOOD.
ABOUT THE SCIENCE H.W. , JANA ALREADY DID THIS H.W BEFOR I DONOT KNOW WHEATHER SHE HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN OR WHAT>?
ALSO ABOUT THE GEOGRAPHY AND THE HUMANITIES I DONOT HAVE ANY TEXT BOOK FOR THESE SUBJECT, SO IF YOU CAN TO COPY THE BOOK YOU WORK FROM IT AND GIVE US A COPY TO KNOW WHERE ARE WE WORKING?
I WANT YOU TO GIVE THEM AN EXTRA H.W IN THE LITRECY , LIKE SENTENCES THEY WRITE ABOUT SOMETHING OR A STORY TO READ OR ANY THING YOU FIND IT SUITABLE TO THEIR AGE.
THANKS FOR YOUR BIG EFFORT WITH THEM.
Back to top Go down
jana

jana

PostSubject: HELLO MRS HARKIN   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:25 pm

HI MRS HARKIN , HOW ARE , HOPE YOU ARE GOOD.
ABOUT THE SCIENCE H.W. , JANA ALREADY DID THIS H.W BEFOR I DONOT KNOW WHEATHER SHE HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN OR WHAT>?
ALSO ABOUT THE GEOGRAPHY AND THE HUMANITIES I DONOT HAVE ANY TEXT BOOK FOR THESE SUBJECT, SO IF YOU CAN TO COPY THE BOOK YOU WORK FROM IT AND GIVE US A COPY TO KNOW WHERE ARE WE WORKING?
I WANT YOU TO GIVE THEM AN EXTRA H.W IN THE LITRECY , LIKE SENTENCES THEY WRITE ABOUT SOMETHING OR A STORY TO READ OR ANY THING YOU FIND IT SUITABLE TO THEIR AGE.
THANKS FOR YOUR BIG EFFORT WITH THEM.
Back to top Go down
Ms. Harkin

Ms. Harkin

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:33 pm

Oh wow! Jana has been a busy bee. Has she completed the questions in her copybook?

We do not have a workbook for History or Geography as of yet. But I will be photocopying the entire worksheet book that I have, so from now on the students can just take this home with them.

I will see what I can do about the extra Literacy work Very Happy

Thank you for your support and encouragement.

Ms. Harkin.
Back to top Go down
jana

jana

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:38 pm

THANK YOU MRS HARIN
Back to top Go down
jana

jana

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:56 pm

HI MRS HARKIN IAM JANA .
I LOVE YOU queen
Back to top Go down
khaled allam

khaled allam

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Dear miss Harkin,
i checked the school's forum yesterday and the day before but there was nothing about the weekly homework i just found the homework today so i want to know what was wrong with the forum?(why didnt i find the homework you sent when i checked the forum on sunday and monday?) and as for sunday and monday's homework should i send them with khaled tomorrow?.I'd like to ask you about the exams, can you please send us the items that will be included in the exams so we could get prepared study ?and one last thing i dont understand what different kinds of leaves do u need khaled to collect.
thanks,(Khaled's mother)
Back to top Go down
Ms. Harkin

Ms. Harkin

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi,

I am not entirely sure why you have had problems with the forum. Maybe you could post this question onto the 'technical question' part. I will be supplying the children with the 'study guide' tomorrow for the exams.

Khaled does not need to worry about bringing leaves to school now as we have already completed this task in class.

Ms. Harkin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This weeks homework.   This weeks homework. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This weeks homework.
Page 1 of 1