Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Important! New assignment!

Go down 
+2
alimohamed
Ms.Morsey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ms.Morsey

Ms.Morsey

Important! New assignment! Empty
PostSubject: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:43 pm

Dearest year five,

How are you all doing? It wish to see you all on Sunday well and safe. Smile
Until then, you have homework (due Sunday) to get yor brains working until I see you! These are word problems that include multiplication, addition and subtraction. Read them carefully and answer them (showing your working) by copying them (or copy paste on a word document and print the assignment). Don't forget, it is due Sunday.

Word Problems

1. 5000 M&M went to audition for a new advert. There were 11 members in the Camera crew plus the director and 8 makeup personnel. They were all very very hungry and the mobile canteen had not turned up.
Each member of the team ate 18 M&M’s, how many M&M’s were left?

2. If 46 boys try out for the Argonauts football team, but only eleven get picked, (a)how many boys will there be sitting watching the game?
(b)Each of the eleven boys require a new pair of boots. How many boots will have to be ordered?
(c)There are 9 studs on each boot. How many studs total are there for the whole team?

3. Joe buys 5 chocolate bars each costing 25p.How much does he pay altogether?

4. There are 12 chickens in a shed. Each of them lays 3 eggs in a day. How many eggs are laid altogether in a day? A week? In November?

5. 12 local schools organised a football tournament. Each school could bring 11 players and 2 substitutes.
How many children were involved in the tournament?

6. Tim collects stamps. He has 5 boxes each containg 20 stamps.
(a)How many stamps is that altogether?
(b)If it takes him a month to fill a box (the box takes 20 stamps), how many stamps will he have in a year?

7. I have 15 pencils in each packet. If I have 10 packets how many pencils do I have?

8. A box holds 6 eggs. If I have 20 boxes how many eggs do I have?

9. I have 50 football stickers. I give 6 stickers to a friend. In return she gives me 11 different stickers. How many stickers do I have now?
By how many has the sticker collection increased?

10. If a coat has 5 buttons and I have 8 coats, how many buttons are there altogether?
Back to top Go down
alimohamed

alimohamed

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 5:20 pm

iam ali mohamed hello i want to know
what is the word problems iwant toknow how i get this word problems and how iget it ican't find it it was't there in the envlope file or on the CD and you know they didn't send it on theCD
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 5:45 pm

dear ali mohamed

the word problems are posted on the forum in important assignments.

regards omar hany
Back to top Go down
Ms.Morsey

Ms.Morsey

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:59 pm

Hi Ali..

The word problems are in the first post! Copy paste them and then answer them
Back to top Go down
heba gamil

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:52 pm

ms morsy is this we will do it again
Back to top Go down
Ms.Morsey

Ms.Morsey

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:36 pm

No.. If you already did this asignment you don't need to do it again.
Back to top Go down
alimohamed

alimohamed

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:26 pm

where iwant to know where

alimohamed
Back to top Go down
youssefbadawi

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:59 pm

I fourgot my sheets in class i will sit in break tomorrow to do it, but i did .p. 64 in the text book. That was told on the video. study
Back to top Go down
youssefbadawi

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:46 pm

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No @ cyclops clown pirat tongue silent pale alien cat monkey pig rabbit bounce confused affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Sleep sunny albino cherry santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek scratch study elephant flower afro flower lol!
Back to top Go down
youssefbadawi

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:48 pm

SORRY Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
nareeman

nareeman

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:04 am

hello mis morsy i'm nareeman i do not understand the divion work sheet Embarassed and i wich u have a wondful holiday I love you cheers
Back to top Go down
Ms.Morsey

Ms.Morsey

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:33 pm

eg:
3√564
first u do 5 ÷ 3 = 1 remainder 2:
3√564

put 6 next to the remainder to have 26... then do 26÷3=8 remainder 2

3√564

u then do the same thing with the last number: put 4 next to 2 to have 24 and divide it by 3 to get 8 (no remainder):

3√564

so the answer is 188
Back to top Go down
youssefbadawi

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:04 pm

dear miss morsy that word problems do we have to do it today
is it a new assignment or is it an old one, please respond thanks Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ms.Morsey

Ms.Morsey

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:11 pm

check its date!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important! New assignment!   Important! New assignment! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Important! New assignment!
Page 1 of 1