Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

History 101

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:23 am

Dear Y5 Students,

Here are your History Assignments:

Refer to the HISTORY Handout Package I gave you at the beginning of term. If you have lost it, you will need to get a copy from a classmate.

1) Complete late assignments - Timelines, Where in the World is It?, Journey Around the World
2) Complete "What is Bias" Questions
3) Complete theTollumund Man Handout
4) Complete The Body in the Room!
5) Read “What are connectives?” Write the listed task in your Humanities notebook.
6) Explore Age of Discovery using the following websites:

www.bruceruiz.net/.../age_of_exploration_time_line.htm
www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/the-age-of-exploration.htm

Task: Prepare a power point presentation for your classmates as well as a Poster Board

You have plenty to keep busy. I recommend you spent one hour a day on History.

Regards,
Ms. Batte
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:58 am

Dear Mrs battle

for what do we make a powerpoint presentation?????? study study study study study study study study study study confused No
'

omar hany
Back to top Go down

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:09 pm

OMAR MONEIB wrote:
Dear Mrs battle

for what do we make a powerpoint presentation?????? study study study study study study study study study study confused No
'

omar hany

Omar,
This is introductory assignment into what you know about the Age of Discovery. You can make a general power point or choose one person, say Christopher Columbus, and make a power point presentation on his life, adventures and historical contributions.
Back to top Go down
heba gamil

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:55 am

i don't understandstand what youssef have to do in this power point representation. as a mother i couldn't keep up with all of this h.ws to be done in only 10 days , this is too much .
Back to top Go down

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:48 pm

heba gamil wrote:
i don't understandstand what youssef have to do in this power point representation. as a mother i couldn't keep up with all of this h.ws to be done in only 10 days , this is too much .

Watch it is all. Introduction...we will study it once classes resume. Have a good weekend.
Back to top Go down
heba gamil

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:31 pm

ok thx a lo MS.Batte
Back to top Go down
alimohamed

alimohamed

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:22 pm

hello ms batte my mum is saing that the system is very bad
Back to top Go down

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:44 am

We have to make the best of the situation
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:09 pm

Dear mrs battle

what is this situation?

regards
omar hany
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:22 pm

dear ms battle

Regarding humanities Quiz tomorrow

in the notes you wrote in Qs 6, 2 words for working out time is it like yesterday or put time chronology order plz answer me to study????

omar hany
Back to top Go down

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:33 pm

Omar,

First off, I would like to commend you for your dilegence regarding on-line and in class work. Your story is lovely, I am expecting good things from you as the year progresses.

You have all you need in your notes regarding History quiz.
2. Chrono - meaning time
Logos - meaning discourse or reasoning (working out)

6. We are making chronology OR we are putting time into chronological order

The situation to what I was refering is students working at home, and students working at school. And of course, the uncertainty of what is going to happen regarding education this school year.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:36 pm

[quote="Ms.Batte"]Omar,

First off, I would like to commend you for your dilegence regarding on-line and in class work. Your story is lovely, I am expecting good things from you as the year progresses.

You have all you need in your notes regarding History quiz.
2. Chrono - meaning time
Logos - meaning discourse or reasoning (working out)

6. We are making chronology OR we are putting time into chronological order

The situation to what I was refering is students working at home, and students working at school. And of course, the uncertainty of what is going to happen regarding education this school year.

Hope this helps!

thnxs ms batte for answering
see you tomorrow
Back to top Go down

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:42 pm

You're welcome Omar. Don't stress, you are doing great. It is only 20 marks!
Back to top Go down
youssef hedaya

youssef hedaya

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:01 pm

dear mrs.batte

what is popose Question

regards

youssef hedaya study
Back to top Go down

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:09 pm

youssef hedaya wrote:
dear mrs.batte

what is popose Question

regards

youssef hedaya study

I don't know what you mean by "popose"? This is not a word in the English language. Study your notes for Chronology quiz. I will take part of Literacy to walk through revised International Day.

In history, we will work to finish the Landforms assignment. Many did not submit, most did not complete.
Back to top Go down
faridaelbat

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:18 pm

Dear mrs.batte

I hope you are fine and I am sorry because I forgot my history notebook in my locker ,For this can you please send me the important notes because I want to study for the chronological quiz.

farida hossam
grade 5 study study
Back to top Go down
omar hany9

omar hany9

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:25 pm

dear ms battle

he meant purpose??

this is one of the qs !!

omar hany
Back to top Go down

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:40 pm

If you would only pay attention!
I have progress reports to write.

1. The word 'chronology' is made from two Greek words. What are they?

2. What does each mean?

3. The word ‘chronology’ therefore means _________________________

4. Since ancient times man has used a variety of devices to tell the time. How is Time ordered? List 7 ways.

5. What does “Working out time” mean?

6. Name two other ways we can say “working out time”

7. What purpose does a time line serve?

8. In the space below, draw a simple time line showing a typical school day.

REVIEW the website we used in class. It should be marked in your Pupil Planner. If not, here is again, http://www.historyonthenet.com/Lessons/chronology/chronologymain.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

History 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History 101   History 101 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

History 101
Page 1 of 1