Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February Empty
PostSubject: Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February   Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Dear Parents & Students,

We are all thinking of Zeyad Ahmed, Omar Osama, Laila Ahmed and Nora Tamer we all pray you all get well soon I love you the presence of all absent students is truly missed.
Remember to eat plenty of fruits containing vitamin C!

A special well done cheers to Scotland coming first in our House Tournament day, Wales was second, followed by Northern Ireland and last but not least England.
It was a great day all students and teachers thoroughly enjoyed the day in the spirit of our house.

I apologize for my very delayed reply concerning the video due to sickness and connection issues.
Over the break I advise parents/students to discard the worksheets in relation to the video, students will complete the proposed worksheets in class.

All students should have received their guided reading book and a series of worksheets today. I must stress students are to only complete the worksheets related to the book received.
Books will be alternated weekly upon return of school.
The book should ideally be read daily to increase fluency.

Please see below to ascertain what is required of each student during the break. All students should have a hand copy of what is addressed below.

Topics:
a) Reading, retelling and writing traditional stories.
b) Read and follow instructions for a making a mask.

Objectives:
• Children will learn to read and retell a traditional story.
• Children will write traditional stories.
• Children will be able to follow instructions for making a mask.

Homework: Guided Reading Read Oxford Reading Tree Book and complete related worksheets.

Assignment cheers
Reading
1) Read The Worst Witch in the Collins student book (p.53 – 55)
2) Answer four blue, four green and four red questions on p.56 in your Literacy copybook.
Extra: Act out the drama activity on p.56 with parents, siblings or friends!! cheers 3) Read Jill Murphy in the Collins student book (p.57 – 58)
4) Answer five blue questions and four red questions on p.59 in your Literacy copybook.

Story Plan Lesson
• Complete story plan.

• Write a story using the worksheets on ‘characters, places and situations’ and activity 7 (p.61 of the Collins student book) in Literacy copy book.

Project
Make an Octopus Puppet study
Follow the instructions on page 12 and 13 of your Collins student book.
5) Think of three things that make the instructions easy to follow and consider what else you could use if you didn’t have a paper plate.
You will present your ideas in class!

I hope to see all students in the best of health back in school on Sunday 21st of February, enjoy your break and stay healthy!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards,

Ms Akhtar
Back to top Go down
farah dawoud

PostSubject: Re: Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February   Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:46 pm

dear miss akhtar

I am farah I forget my English book in the school what can I do

Farah flower :queen
Back to top Go down
adhamashraf

adhamashraf

PostSubject: Adham Ashraf   Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Dear Mrs Abkhar
I'm Adham's mother. he was absent during the past week he didn't recieve anything of what you have mentioned. please contact me at my email or through the school to see how to arrange a way to collect these materials for Adham.
regards
Eman Elish
Back to top Go down
adhamashraf

adhamashraf

PostSubject: Adham Ashraf   Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:04 pm

forgot to say that he also left his collins book at school.my email is eman_elish@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February   Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Dear Adham's mother,

I hope Adham is feeling better.

The matter is currently out of my hands as I am out of the city, however once I get back I will upload some materials to aid Adham in completing the work required.

Though I can confirm I did see Adham Asharaf's and Youssef Hazem's envelope on Thursday 4th February kept in the office occupied by security just outside the EBIS building.
I apologize as I have little knowledge on whether this has been re-located.

If children have left their copybooks at school they can type their work in a microsoft word document and forward it to me on year2english@hotmail.co.uk by the 20th of February.

Hope this helps.

Ms Akhtar
Back to top Go down
Omar Shady

PostSubject: Omar Shady   Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi Ms Akhtar,

This is Omar Shady's mother. Unfortunately Omar has been quite ill since the last week of school 'till now. As a result, he didn't receive any of the above mentioned items. Do you have any idea whether his envelope would have been left with security?

Many thanks,
Dr. Hoda.
ps: if you can forward anything to my email, I would appreciate it: hodz2001@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February   Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:54 am

Dear Omar's Mother,

Firstly I hope Omar feels better soon.
As to the whereabouts of theses envelopes deems to be a million dollar question.

I will look into the matter and get back to all parents.
When I am back in Cairo I will revert to uploading some materials for students to work upon.

Best Wishes,

Ms Akhtar
Back to top Go down
basel mohamed

basel mohamed

PostSubject: collins book   Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Dear Mrs Akhtar;
i am sorry but i think basel forgot his collins book at school
i dont know what to do exactly ?
note
Basel was in school all the last week

Basel`s mum
nawal mourgan
Back to top Go down
zeyad ahmed m

PostSubject: Re: Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February   Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:23 pm

Dear miss Akhtar:
What the page we will do it in the garden book ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February   Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Literacy Assignments 5th - 20th February
Page 1 of 1