Egyptian British International School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

T0 Mrs. Aidarous :

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
youssef amr

T0 Mrs. Aidarous : Empty
PostSubject: T0 Mrs. Aidarous :   T0 Mrs. Aidarous : Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:00 am

Dear Mrs. Aidarous :

I sent you two queries about Geography and history . Would you please answer me because we are studying humanities .

Thanks
Eman
Back to top Go down
Mrs.Aidarous

Mrs.Aidarous

T0 Mrs. Aidarous : Empty
PostSubject: Re: T0 Mrs. Aidarous :   T0 Mrs. Aidarous : Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 11:14 pm

Dear Parent,

First, I would like to stress on the fact that the forum does not replace class attendance unless the entire school is officially closed and not on scheduled vacation. We at EBIS are trying to assist your decision to keep Youssef at home but we cannot entirely compensate material that he missed by choosing not attend school.

The seaside, countryside and town similarities and differences were discussed a lot in class. Seaside in UK and Egypt is the same; Countryside is totally different in the 2 countries while the town in both countries is very similar. Facilities such as hospitals, transportation, entertainment are available in both countries but the quality is different. You can elaborate that to Youssef by showing him London bus as an example and the public transportation we have in Egypt…etc.

Regarding the Artifact, students need to learn to investigate, think and have their own opinion and that’s what I’m trying to teach them. The wooden spade could survive because it was buried for a long time and an archaeologist found it and it was put in a museum, maybe it was not the real artifact, maybe it was inherited and was well kept through generations…etc. Students should be encouraged to think of all the maybes I mentioned. There is no model answer for the “what do you think” questions.

Regarding map skills it was done in class therefore no video is available.
Example; if the distance between 2 cities is 4 cm, measure 4 cm on the scale of the map (at the bottom of the map) and you will be able to find the distance in kms.

Additionally, Teachers are not on the forum daily especially on official school holidays. Please note that many are out of country, celebrating holidays…etc.

Regards,
Mrs. Aidarous
Back to top Go down

T0 Mrs. Aidarous :
Page 1 of 1